- Uridine 5 is scientifically developed to help increase levels of RNA in the brain thus helping to improve memory and overall brain function.*
- Uridine helps to create membranes and dendrites which may aid synaptic function.*
- One study noted improvements in spatial short-term memory, recognition, recall, attention, and executive functions after Uridine supplementation.*
- Uridine is synergistic with fish oil and when combined can increase brain levels of phosphatidylcholine up to 30%.*
Uridine is a naturally occurring substance that is manufactured in the liver. It is one of the building blocks to Ribonucleic Acid, or RNA. The process of storing memories in the brain requires large amounts of RNA to facilitate protein translation at your neuronal synapses. When low levels of Uridine are present in the brain, it can impair memory formation and lead to a decline in synaptic plasticity. Taking Modern Warrior Uridine 5 may increase levels of RNA in the brain and lead to improved memory formation, cognitive enhancement, and retention performance.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Uridine is a nucleotide that acts as a precursor of brain synapses and membrane phospholipids in conjunction with the omega 3 fatty acid docosahexaenoic acid (dha) and choline sources.
It may enhance some brain cholinergic functions.
Uridine also supports the health and function of liver mitochondria.
Q: What is the best way to take Uridine-5?
A: As a dietary supplement, take 1 serving (1 Capsule) with food daily or as directed by a qualiﬁed health practitioner.
Q: What is RNA?
A: Ribonucleic acid, or RNA is one of the three major biological macromolecules that are essential for all known forms of life (along with DNA and proteins). A central tenet of molecular biology states that the flow of genetic information in a cell is from DNA through RNA to proteins: “DNA makes RNA makes protein”.
Q: What Should I take Uridine with for maximum benefit?
A: Uridine works synergistically with fish oil (DHA; an Omega-3 fatty acid) and choline in the support of synaptic formation and function. When taken alongside Alpha-GPC it was reported that uridine may help support short-term memory and recognition, recall, and attention responses.
1. Pooler A.M., Guez D.H., Benedictus R., Wurtman R.J. “Uridine enhances neurite outgrowth in nerve growth factor-differentiated PC12 [corrected].” Neuroscience. 2005;134(1):207-14.
2. Wang L., Albrecht M.A., Wurtman R.J. “Dietary supplementation with uridine-5′-monophosphate (UMP), a membrane phosphatide precursor, increases acetylcholine level and release in striatum of aged rat” Brain Research. 2007 Feb 16; 1133(1): 42–48.
3. Cansev M., Watkins C.J., van der Beek E.M., Wurtman R.J. “Oral uridine-5′-monophosphate (UMP) increases brain CDP-choline levels in gerbils.” Brain Research. 2005 Oct 5;1058(1-2):101-8
4. Wang L., Albrecht M.A., Wurtman R.J. “Dietary supplementation with uridine-5′-monophosphate (UMP), a membrane phosphatide precursor, increases acetylcholine level and release in striatum of aged rat.” Brain Research. 2007 Feb 16;1133(1):42-8.